Fundraising top tips
The 4 W’s - tell people all about your ICS experience and fundraising activities:
- What you are doing
- When it is going ahead
- Where it is happening
- Why you are doing it
Plan ahead and be organised
- Make sure you’re armed with as many ICS facts and facts about your ICS agency as possible! Your donors will want to know about the scheme and how their donations will be used.
Use your networks
- Do you have a part time job? Ask your company if they can match the amount of funds you receive from your sponsors – this means you can double your fundraising!
- Use your personal contacts! Ask friends and relatives to help organise some fundraising activities to sponsor you.
- Are you a member of a society or club? Get them involved too! They could help you to organise a sweepstake, sports tournament, auction, or party, to name but a few activities!
- Research local and national organisations that would be interested in what you are doing, for example Rotary Clubs and local youth groups.
- Promoting your fundraising is the key to success – make frequent posts on Facebook and Twitter, ask your local newspaper or radio station to promote your activities, and create some flyers and put up posters around your local area.
- Don’t be afraid to ask! Tell everyone you meet that you’re taking part and raising funds for your ICS agency and ask if they can help – you’ll find that you can gain gifts in kind, services, free venues and more donations this way.
Online fundraising - Justgiving
- The quickest and easiest way to fundraise is online through Just Giving. Your friends and family can sponsor you by credit or debit card from anywhere in the world. It is also the easiest way to claim Gift Aid on your donations and raise even more money for your ICS Agency. See our handy guide.
Please note, Gift Aid is separate and cannot be put towards your £800 target.
Check you’re legal!
- Depending on the fundraising activity you’ve chosen you may need a licence or local council permission. The ICS Fundraising Support team can provide a letter of authority confirming that you are fundraising legitimately. If you have any questions about your fundraising, please get in touch with the ICS Fundraising Support team on email@example.com or by calling 0208 780 7215.