The ICS programme aims to be as inclusive as possible and this is why we reimburse the lowest cost of travel and, where applicable, accommodation expenses.
Candidates can claim back their expenses after they attend their Assessment Day. To ensure VSO can process your expenses, you must follow the rules below:
- You must keep any receipts or confirmations as we require these to reimburse you after you have attended.
- If your journey is going to cost more than £100, you must contact us before you book.
- We do not cover the cost of taxis
- We do not cover first class travel (unless you can show us this is the cheapest method of travel). We do not cover the cost of the Heathrow Express or Gatwick Express. (Stansted Express is covered)
- Please book travel as far in advance as possible to ensure the best fare. Travel booked on the day may not be reimbursed.
- For volunteers travelling from outside the UK, you will be expected to cover the cost of your travel until you reach the UK.
- If it is easier for you to drive, we will cover petrol costs of 45p per mile. In order to be reimbursed, you will need to calculate your own cost. Petrol receipts will not be accepted. The AA has an excellent route planner that will calculate the mileage cost for you.
- If you are making your journey using an Oyster card, you will need to provide a travel history which clearly shows your journey to our office. Oyster top up receipts will NOT be accepted.
- We aim to reimburse expenses as soon as possible, but it can take up to 4-6 weeks for you to receive your expenses.
- We reserve the right to query claims that appear unreasonably high, or ask for you to provide further information of costs if necessary.
- After your Assessment Day, we will send you a link to our online Expenses form. It is your responsibility to ensure that it is completed correctly and that you send in your receipts and/or confirmations. VSO is unable to process expenses claims without receipts or confirmations which will delay us in reimbursing your expenses.
- As a charity, we ask candidates to book the most cost effective method of travel.
If you have any questions, please contact your Candidate Manager - details of which will have been emailed to you.
If you cannot find your Candidate Manager's contact details, please use our general contact details;
Tel: +44 (0)20 8780 7400