You must read these terms and conditions before entering.
The competition is being run by VSO on behalf of the ICS programme. The winner and five runners up will be chosen based on the opinion of a judging panel, and will receive prizes.
For a chance to win, VSO invites you to submit an original video or photo based on the criteria specified in these guidelines.
Full terms and conditions
Who can enter
- Entrants must be at least 18 years old.
- The competition is open to all those who have volunteered with ICS at any time, whether returned or currently on placement.
- This competition is open to all ICS volunteers regardless of location, whether from the UK or overseas.
How to enter
- All entries must be submitted via the online form; entries submitted by email or any other means will not be accepted.
- Entries can be submitted as gif, jpg, png, or svg files. They can be taken on any device capable of taking digital photos, including digital cameras, camcorders, smart phones, tablets, or GoPros.
- Files must be no more than 10 MB.
- All entries must be submitted under one of the specified categories.
- You may only enter one photo.
- You may not re-enter a photo that you have entered into a previous year's competition.
- Entries must relate to an ICS project, whether on your placement or as part of your Action at Home.
- Entries must be received by midnight (UK time) on 18 October 2019.
Copyright and consent
- You must only enter your own work.
- Entrants must hold consent from all subjects of photos submitted: you must verbally ask anyone photographed if they are happy to have their photo taken.
- Photos of minors must only be taken with the consent of the parent or guardian.
- Entries which in the opinion of the judges are lewd, inappropriate or disrespectful of the subject matter will be disqualified and removed from the competition page.
- The winner and five runners up will be determined by the judging panel, whose decision is final.
- English law will apply.
- There will be one overall winner and five runners up.
- The overall winner will be profiled in the ICS newsletter, and their winning photo will be used as part of our recruitment campaign. They will also receive two tickets to the VSO Volunteer Impact Awards on 26 November, where their image will be on show as part of the ICS Photo Exhibition.
- Five runners up will each receive two tickets to the VSO Volunteer Impact Awards, and their photos will be part of the ICS Photo Exhibition.
- Winning entries and other stand-out examples will be showcased across ICS and its partner agencies' social media channels.
Future promotional use
- Photos entered into the competition may be used by ICS and its partner agencies in future promotional materials.
The competition will close at midnight (UK time) on 18 October 2019. Entries submitted after this time will not be considered.
If you have any questions about this competition, please email Ashnoor.Nanji@vsoint.org.