Where young people connect, create and discover.
ICS supports young people to change the world – at home, abroad or online.
Connect with our global network of over 40,000 ICS volunteers, create positive change in your community, and discover exciting opportunities that develop your skills and employability.
Whether that’s through continuing to volunteer, leading your own social action projects, or influencing government policy – we're sharing the knowledge, inspiration and tools to support you as a lifelong active citizen and advocate for responsible volunteering.
Opportunities: Get involved
Youth voice matters
Resources and research
Our volunteers' achievements
Since returning from their ICS placement, many of our volunteers have been inspired and empowered to create positive change and take part in amazing social action projects in their communities.
We support ongoing active citizenship by:
- funding 75 volunteer projects reaching over 13,000 people worldwide, tackling 10 out of the 17 SDGs, from refugee integration and sustainable farming to youth unemployment,
- supporting young people to showcase the value of volunteering for development through youth-led celebrations in 13 countries, focusing on topics that are important to young people such as youth employment,
- building the confidence and skills of 114 young people to raise their voice as UK Aid advocates in their own communities,
- developing eight national networks of ICS volunteers, across our ICS countries and the UK, to continue contributing to the SDGs after their placement,
- introducing young people’s perspectives at the highest levels of VSO’s leadership through our youth advisers, Felix Owino from Kenya and Takyiwa Danso from the UK,
- supporting over 90 ICS returned volunteers to share their experiences and motivate the next generation of ICS volunteers through our VSO speaker service,
- creating dialogue between young people and decision makers, by empowering ICS volunteers to share their voice with local MPs and political leaders.