Our fantastic ICS volunteers are committed to tackling some of the world’s biggest issues. Join us.
We are committed to making ICS as accessible as possible. But you must fulfil the following requirements.
- You are aged 18-25 (Team Member) or 23-35 (Team Leader)
- You are a UK, EU or EEA citizen, or you have indefinite leave to remain in the UK, and you have lived in the UK for the past year and currently have a UK address
- You are committed to spending 10-12 weeks overseas
- You are willing to live with a host family whilst on placement
- You are committed to fundraising – this shows your commitment and we will support you
- You are committed to continuing your work in your home community through Action at Home
Find out more about what’s involved as an ICS volunteer.
Volunteering for everyone
We encourage all young adults aged 18-25, whatever their background, financial circumstances or additional support needs to apply. At ICS we are committed to delivering an inclusive programme and will make reasonable adjustments throughout the journey to ensure that all volunteers have a positive experience of international volunteering.
Can I apply if I am not 18-25?
You can apply for ICS when you're 17, but we won't take your application forward until you turn 18. If you are 25, you can apply if you will still be 25 when you get on a plane to go overseas. You can also apply to be a Team Leader, you need to be 23-35 years old.